Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Where Have I Been?

I haven't blogged much lately.  I'm not really sure why.  I've been busy and I've had a sinus infection that just won't go away.  And I've had some stress.  Really, being sick is almost always stressful for me, but I've had other stress, too.  Like, Isaac was bitten by another dog at a dog park.  That's a whole separate post, but it was really stressful for me.  More stressful for me than for him, I'm pretty sure.

This sinus infection has been going on for a good month now and I'm just beginning to feel better.  It really triggered my PTSD and I ended up very emotional and not sleeping much.  At one point I was prescribed prednisone for the inflammation and it was higher dose than I've been on in the past and I had horrible side effects from it.  After only two doses, I was crying frequently and having flashbacks and nightmares and my anxiety was through the roof.  After the third dose, it finally occurred to me that what was happening might possible be related to the meds I was on for the sinus infection.  So the prednisone was discontinued and I'm feeling less emotional but still not quite back to normal.

Also, when I saw my rheumatologist back in March, she increased my gabapentin.  I think it is just now finally starting to decrease my pain, but it is causing a lot of blurred vision and that is really driving me nuts.  I am thinking I am not going to be able to stay on the higher dose.  I just don't think I can tolerate this blurriness. 

But I do want to get back to blogging and I have things I want to blog about, so hopefully I'm back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment