Friday, December 21, 2012

Dog Tags

I finally got along to ordering a dog tag for Isaac.  Yes, I was slow about it.  He had a tag from his trainer with her name and numbers on it, so if he got lost before I got his tag, he could have still been returned.  He also has a microchip.

I ended up ordering his tag online from Love Your Pets.  Mostly I ordered it from there because it was cheap.  It arrived yesterday.  It's nice.  It's shaped like a dog bone.  I also like it because I could have six lines of text engraved on it and most other companies I considered ordering from only put four or five lines of text on their tags.    Hey, I have a lot to say!

The tag says:

Isaac
My full name
My city and state
Reward If Found
My phone number
A friend's phone number

The reason for my name and city and state is to make it easier for someone to track down Isaac's owner, especially if he would get lost when I was traveling somewhere.  I put "reward if found" to encourage people to return him.  I thought about putting "service dog" on the tag but I didn't have room, plus he has a second tag on his collar which is his license from the county which says "handicap assistance dog" on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment