Thursday, December 6, 2012

I Hired a Dog Walker for Isaac

Well, a dog runner, really.

He needs more exercise than I can easily give him.  Due to my back problems, I cannot run with him.  I can't even walk as fast as he'd really like to walk.  He does use the treadmill at home but I still think he needs more exercise.  He is so energetic and he gets bored and annoying when he isn't able to burn off all the energy.

So I decided to look for someone to take him for a run a couple times a week.

I really got lucky.  I found a woman that loves dogs but isn't able to have one of her own at the moment because pets aren't allowed where she lives.  She jogs regularly.  I don't get why anyone would jog if they didn't have to, but anyway, apparently she enjoys it.  So she thinks it would be fun to take Isaac for a jog.  Isaac thinks it sounds like fun, too.

We decided she will take him for a 45 minutes jog three times a week.  She gave me a really good price.  Actually, the price she named initially seemed so low to me that I told her I wanted to pay a bit more than that.  I'm all for affordable services, but I don't want to feel like I'm paying someone less than what their work is worth.

Isaac gets to go on his first jog later this morning.  I hope it wears him out for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment