Monday, May 29, 2017

Regular People

A friend of mine posted on Facebook about her kitten going into heat.  Someone advised her to call the vet first thing in the morning and get that kitty spayed ASAP.  My friend replied that she has to wait a couple weeks until she will have the money.  I told her in a few days, she will be ready to sell her soul to get the money.

Someone else asked if the SPCA didn't spay cats for free.  Yet another person, someone I don't know, replied, "You can usually get it done someplace for free or close to free if you are on some sort of assistance.  Regular people, not so much." 

I was stunned.  I said, "People on some sort of assistance are regular people."

Seriously?  What kind of people does she think we are?  Irregular ones?  Are we somehow so different from those that are not on assistance?  I know people think this way but wow.  The prejudice against poor people runs so deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment