Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Welcome to My Blog!

I’ve thought about blogging for a long time now but couldn’t decide what to blog about and just never got around to getting started.  But now I am embarking on this new adventure and I thought it might be interesting to blog about it.  Let me start by telling you about myself.

I’m 40 years old and I live in a small town in the Midwest with my partner, Mike, and our three cats, Cayenne, Indigo and Larry.  I work part time from home as a freelance writer, which is not as glamorous as many people imagine.  I write articles on lots not-so-interesting topics; at the moment, I am working on an article about how to get the odor out of tennis shoes.  I’m also on Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) because I have major depression and post-traumatic stress disorder. 

It’s because of my depression and PTSD that I decided to write a blog about life with a service dog.  You see, I am planning to get a service dog, a psychiatric service dog, to be precise, to help me cope with my disability.  That’s the main thing I’ll be writing about in this blog: the process of selecting my service dog, training my service dog (with LOTS of help from a professional trainer), the many ways a service dog will help me, the challenges of life with a service dog and many other things service dog-related.  I’m sure I’ll write about other things, too, though my life with a service dog will be the main focus of my blog. 

I hope you enjoy a glimpse into my life with a service dog.  Feel free to leave comments or questions if you like.  I’d love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete