Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Stuffed Squeaky Head

Isaac loves stuffed animals and he loves squeaky toys.  Squeaky stuffed animals are the ultimate entertainment item, in his mind.  Unfortunately, what he likes to do with stuffed animals is tear them to shreds as quickly as possible.  With squeaky toys, he seems determined to remove the squeaker as quickly as possible.  Therefore, these wonderful toys do not last long at all.

Recently, he beheaded a teddy bear.  The head was still in good shape, though, so I took a squeaker that he'd ripped out of some other toy, stuck it into the head, and sewed the neck shut. 


Isaac has always considered me brilliant, but now I'd made the best toy ever - a stuffed squeaky head!

I figured it would last him all of 15 minutes or so.  But I was wrong.  He has been playing with this toy for five days now and has not ripped a hole in it yet.  He gnaws enthusiastically on its face and it squeak-squeak-squeaks, rather loudly.  When it is positively soaked with doggie slobber, he brings it to me to throw for him.  He loves it.  It's currently his favorite toy.

2 comments:

  1. He's so funny! You could start a new business making squeaky heads! Road to riches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea! I just sewed up a few shoddy seams on my Charlie's toys. He also likes so sit and squeak until the squeaker dies. Lol your partner has so much personality!

    ReplyDelete