Saturday, June 6, 2015

A Chance to Help

I believe in helping when we can.

There are plenty of times I can't help others.  Times I don't have money to donate, no matter how good the cause.  Times I don't have the energy or stamina to volunteer, no matter how much I'd like to.  We can only do so much and most of the time, I don't stress about what I can't do, I just help when I can.

Today is one of those times.

Yesterday a woman with a disability named Rebekah and her two service dogs were in a car accident. Their car was struck by a semi-truck. One of her service dogs, Cali, was killed. The other service dog, Kenzie, is seriously injured. Rebekah was also seriously injured and is now in critical condition, fighting for her life, as is Kenzie. Both Rebekah's medical bills and Kenzie's veterinary bills are going to be horrendous. If you are able to donate even a few dollars, please do. And please share this with others.

You can donate here.

I cannot imagine the pain of losing my dog Isaac and of having to try to recover from a near-fatal injury without him.  And most likely, even if her second service dog (occasionally people have two service dogs, for various reasons) Kenzie survives (and she might not survive but of course the vet bills will still need to paid regardless), it's likely she will have to retire as a result of her injuries.  So Rebekah will be facing the daunting process of getting a new service dog and recovering from serious injuries without the assistance of a service dog.  I just can't imagine the pain she must be facing right now.

Please help if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment