Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Service Dog at the Library

The other day, Isaac and I stopped at the library in the nearby town where we used to live.  I still have a library card there but haven't been there in a while.

This is the library at which Isaac and I ran into out first service dog team, about 2.5 years ago, shortly after I got him.  He barked at that other service dog.  Like he wanted to eat him.  I mean, it was awful.  I was so embarrassed.  I got Isaac out of there as fast as possible.

If you want to read up on our limited history meeting other service dog teams in public, here's a brief rundown.  It rarely happens.  We live in an area where there are not a lot of service dogs, I guess.

Well, what stood out to me is that this time, Isaac just glanced at the other dog.  He was curious, but not too distracted.  He kept walking, in a nice heel.

I love it when things like this happen and I can see so much progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment