Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Service Dog in Court

Today I accompanied a friend to court for a hearing.

Isaac did fantastic and to be honest, I was a little worried. Yesterday he seemed a bit "off," maybe because we are out of town. But today he was excellent.

There was another hearing in the same room before my friend's, and these two deputies brought in this guy in shackles, leg chains, the whole works. Apparently my well-socialized dog is not fazed by chains and shackles. The deputies were standing there with their hands resting on the butts of their guns and I was thinking, I really really hope Isaac doesn't bark for some reason and the deputies think someone is shooting and whip out their guns!

But Isaac just curled up at my feet and slept through the whole thing. 

Well, he almost got up when they said "all rise" and everyone stood.  Isaac thinks if all the people are standing, he should stand, too.  He did the same thing in church on Christmas Eve.  But I just signed to him lie down and stay, and he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment