Friday, June 15, 2012

My Kitty Cayenne Had Surgery Today

My kitty Cayenne had surgery today to remove the mass on her abdomen.  When they shaved her belly for surgery, they discovered she had a second, smaller mass near the first one.  So both were removed today.  The larger mass must have been bigger or longer than I realized, because I was surprised at the length of the incision.

She seems to be doing fine now.  She is busy licking her incisions.  When she got spayed, she removed all but two of her stitches within two or three days or the surgery.  I'm surprised the incision didn't open back up.  This time, she has staples instead of stitches, which is probably good because she probably can't pull those out.

She wanted her dinner as soon as we got home, but she didn't eat too much.  Then she wanted to go outside but of course I wouldn't let her.  Now she's lying on top of my printer, napping and waking up to lick her incisions.  She seems to be feeling OK.

We will get the results of the pathology stuff sometime next week to find out what kind of tumors we're dealing with.

Veterinary care is so expensive.  It's worth every penny to take care of my cats, of course, but still... the office visit earlier this week, the blood work, the x-rays, the surgery, pain medication and antibiotics, plus her annual vaccines which were due, all came to around $800.  At least my vet never has to worry about running out of business!

No comments:

Post a Comment