Tuesday, September 4, 2012

His Name Is Isaac

I am so excited!  I just got an email from the director of the service dog program and she's received all my paperwork.  Everything has been approved.

The dog that will be placed with me is a yellow lab named Isaac.  I could change his name, of course, but I think I kind of like Isaac.  I'll have to see if it suits him when I meet him, though.  Isaac is a Hebrew name and means "laughter."  I think it's kind of neat for someone with severe depression to have a dog whose name means "laughter."

I'm not sure how old he is, exactly.  She said he is young and energetic.  I'm guessing that means something like a year or 18 months, but I emailed her back to ask for more information.

I'm not sure when I'll get to meet him.  She is getting ready to go on vacation for a couple of weeks and after that will schedule my home visit and I guess then I'll get to meet Isaac.

She said he should be ready for placement in a few months, so I'm thinking that means by the end of the year.  What a nice Christmas present!  (If anyone wants to know what to get me for Christmas this year, how about a donation to cover the cost of my service dog?  Or some dog toys, food, treats, etc.  Hint, hint!)

I assume I will be starting the part of Isaac's training that involved me fairly soon, if he is to be ready to be placed with me in a few months.  I guess that will start after the home visit.

I'm just so happy to hear this!


No comments:

Post a Comment