Sunday, November 4, 2012

Does Your Dog Chew Your Shoes?

Or your socks, your wallet, your television remote control, etc?

Here's a tip I read yesterday.  One reason dogs like to chew their owners' belongings is because those items smell strongly like their owners.  I'm guessing shoes are particularly smelly, in a way that dogs find attractive.

Want to encourage your dog to chew his chew toys instead of your belongings?  Rub them between your hands, sit on them for a while, make them smell like you.  Your dog will find them more attractive.

(Also put your shoes away where your dog cannot easily get to them!)

I'm off to the pet store later today to buy Isaac a few toys.  I will be seeing him on Thursday and I want a few days to make them smell like me before I give them to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment