Monday, July 29, 2013

Isaac, a.k.a. Casanova

One of my neighbors has started calling Isaac "Casanova."  Isaac has a... well, I don't know what to call it.  A group of little girls that live down the street that adore him.  They are like Isaac groupies.  One of them is his friend K, whom I've mentioned before.  She is his biggest fan.  She loudly proclaims to everyone that "I love this dog!"  But there are three other girls, ranging in age from five to seven, that also adore him.

When they see me walking Isaac, they run to greet him.  They have begun asking if they can walk him.  I let them, but I keep a hand on the leash, too, in case he decides to take off after a deer or something.  He is way too strong, there is no way they could hang on to him if he bolted.  They are pretty good at taking turns walking him.  Most of the time, they are able to decide among themselves whose turn it is and when it is time to let someone else have a turn.  Occasionally I have to step in and help with the turn-taking, but most of the time they are able to work it out themselves.

K wanted me to meet her mom tonight.  I actually spoke to her mom one day when she and her mom were out walking and I was out walking Isaac, but she wanted me to walk to her house and meet her mom this evening.  I'm not quite sure why but I figured it was a good idea.  If a nine-year-old kid is hanging around with an adult, the mom should know that adult and I wanted to make sure it was OK with her mom that she was walking with me.  One of the other girls in Isaac's fan club is K's sister, and the other two are neighbors.  I met one of their moms, too.

I am thinking of asking K's mom if it would be OK with her if K helped me with Isaac sometimes, things like giving him a bath.  I have a hard time doing that sometimes because when my back is bothering me a lot, it's hard to bend over the tub to wash him.  I bet K would have a blast bathing him, though.  I mean, I would be there to supervise, but she could easily bend over and wash him.  I think she'd love doing it.  And it would be great to have someone to help sometimes.

Isaac loves her, too.  He loves all the girls, of course, but I think K is his favorite of all the kids.  He gets so excited when he sees her.  The reason my neighbor is now calling him Casanova is because this evening Isaac was standing there, surrounded by these four little girls, with one rubbing his ears, and one rubbing his back, and one rubbing his belly, all at the same time, all telling him how pretty he was.  He is so spoiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment