Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Saying Goodbye to Whiskers

Whiskers leaves in two days to go to her new home.  I am very happy for her because she is going to be a very spoiled, much-loved little kitty cat.

I am also a little sad, for a number of reasons.

Of course I've gotten rather attached even though I didn't really want to.  How can you  not get attached to something so cute and sweet?

And it's been nice having a cat around again.  I love cats.  I have been a cat person all my life, and while I love Isaac, I don't think he's converted me to a dog person.  I am an Isaac person.  Not a dog person.  I guess I am still a cat person.

Whiskers has been sleeping with me the last several nights.  Last night it stormed outside and it was so nice snuggled up in bed with a soft, warm kitty.  And she purrs and purrs.  Dogs do not purr.  They slobber.  It is not the same.  Not even close.

It's made me feel a little sad that Isaac does not like to sleep with me at night.  I think I've slept better having a cat cuddled up all warm and purring.  Almost makes me want one just to sleep with.

And it makes me miss Cayenne and miss my previous cat, Eileen.  And just makes me sad for things that are gone.  For things that I once had and will not have again.

Whiskers needs to go to her new home.  I am not reconsidering rehoming her.  I can't afford a cat right now, I don't need the extra work, I want to do more traveling and can't take a cat on road trips, etc.  Keeping her would not be best for me or for Whiskers.

But I'm going to miss her.

I mean, look how cute she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment