Sunday, July 15, 2012

More Names for a Service Dog


I have some more ideas for names for my service dog.

Gavrilla – this is a Hebrew name that means “strong woman.”  I’m thinking I would call the dog Gavi for short.

Liberty – could be a girl or boy, I guess.  Because a service dog would give me so much more freedom.

Saffron – could be a girl or boy.  For a golden retriever, because of the color.

Amelia – for a girl, of course.  It means “industrious.”  I like the name and the meaning is OK, but I don’t love the meaning.

Maya – for a girl.  It’s a Hindi name that means “the divine creative source in everything.”  That’s pretty awesome.

Truth – for a girl, I think.  Although I guess it could be for a boy, too.

Adrienne – for a girl, of course.  I found it on a list of names inspired by writers, for Adrienne Rich (do you love her work?).  It is French and means “dark one.”  I think I would call her Ren for short.

Faith – for a girl.

Naomi – also for a girl, of course.  It’s a Biblical name.

Unity – could be for a girl or a boy.

Some “nature names” I found on this site http://www.babycenter.com/0_baby-names-inspired-by-nature_10305329.bc that I kind of like: Winter (could be a girl or boy), Stone (for a boy), Solstice (could be a girl or boy, I think), Sage (for a girl), and West (for a boy, I think).

I found a neat website for helping you choose pet names.  You can look for names under all different categories.  Let me just say, some people name their pets weird things.  Also, Max is the most popular name for a dog.  And Bella is popular for both cats and dogs.  I wonder why.  Anyway, here’s a link to the site if you want to check it out: http://www.petbabynames.com/index.php

And here’s another neat site for finding baby names.  You can look under lots of different categories: http://www.babycenter.com/baby-names-ideas

Does anybody else look at baby name dictionaries for help choosing a name for a pet? 

What names do you like?  What are your pets’ names?

1 comment: