Thursday, July 19, 2012

Update on the Service Dog Program

I finally got to talk to someone that got a dog from the program I am considering working with.  As I thought would be the case, he was perfectly happy to talk to me.  I talked to both the man with the service dog and his wife.  I did not ask him about his disability or any personal information, but he volunteered a lot of stuff.  He told me what his condition was and about some of his symptoms and some of the tasks his service dog does to help him.

He and his wife were both very pleased with the program and with their dog.  They talked about how well behaved the dog is in public and how helpful the dog has been.  I felt really good about the conversation and I feel less concerned about this program now.

I still don't know why the lady I talked to kept saying none of their clients would be willing to talk because these people sure were.

In a couple weeks, I plan to visit the program and see some dogs in the later stages of their training.  In the meantime, I plan to go ahead and complete the application for the program whenever I get it.  The lady is supposed to be sending it to me but I have not received it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment