Friday, February 20, 2015

It Always Makes Me Smile

A couple days ago, Isaac and I braved the awful cold to go to the dollar store to pick up a few things.  I was nearly recovered from the flu or whatever it was I had and we were both tired of being stuck in the house.  Isaac was more tired of being stuck in the house than I was.  I had an acupuncture appointment early the next morning, though, and needed to get some gas and wanted to do it the day before because it sucks to stand outside when it is zero degrees early in the morning pumping gas.  So we headed to the dollar store.

We shop there fairly often.  Two or three times a month.  There are certain items that I always buy there, like dish soap and kitchen sponges and shampoo and these patches you stick on your back to relieve pain (they are like Bengay but in a patch instead of a messy cream).  And dog treats.  Can't forget the dog treats.

I was at the counter, paying.  Isaac was standing quietly beside me, being the perfectly behaved service dog he is sometimes.

The woman behind the counter said, "It always makes me smile when you two come in here."

That's all.  She didn't ask to pet Isaac, didn't make kissy noises at him, didn't ask if I was training him for a blind person or if I was blind or what was wrong with me.

Just "It always makes me smile when you two come in here."

How nice is that?  Made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment