Tuesday, January 26, 2016

He's at the Vet

I dropped Isaac off a couple hours ago.  I felt so bad because he had no idea what was happening.  He was just all happy and excited to be going somewhere, although he was disappointed about not getting breakfast first.  But he loves going anywhere, loves riding in the car.  He likes going to the vet.  He was all excited getting out of the van.  He was delighted to see the vet tech, went right to her, leaned up against her, asked for a belly rub.

He looked slightly concerned when he realized I was leaving, but only slightly.  I told him to go with the vet tech and he sort of shrugged and said "OK" and asked her for another belly rub.

Now I am at home without Isaac and it has occurred to me that this is the first time since I've lived in this apartment that I've been here without him.  The first time in almost three years.  I rarely go anywhere without him, but I do occasionally.  But I am never home without him.  It feels very strange and very empty and very lonely and I don't like it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment