Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pickle Love

Isaac's ickle pickle has been lost for a while now.  I don't know how it is possible to lose a toy that size in  my tiny apartment but I have searched everywhere and cannot find it.  So I finally got him a new one.  I had to order it online because I went to Petco and apparently they no longer carry them. 

This evening, I opened the package with the ickle pickle in it.  Isaac was lying on the floor, gnawing on his hollow stick toy with a chunk of hotdog inside.  When he saw the pickle, he dropped the stick and came over to get the pickle.

I knew he loved his pickle but I certainly never thought he'd choose a pickle without any treats in it over a stick with a hotdog in it.  After chewing on it for a few minutes, just to get it nice and slobbery for me, I guess, he gave it to me to put some treats in it.

He spent the rest of the night hanging out with the pickle.  When I took him out for his last potty of the evening, he insisted on taking the pickle with him.  He carried it outside, held it while he peed, carried it back in.  He won't let it out of his sight.  He's in my bed with it right now.

I love how happy he is to have a pickle again.  I wish I'd gotten him a new one sooner, though.  If I'd known it would make him this happy, I would have.

No comments:

Post a Comment