Each item is scaled 0 – 10, where best quality of life for that item is 10:
- HURT: Adequate pain control (including breathing ability).
- HUNGER: Are you eating enough? Do you require hand-feeding or a feeding tube?
- HYDRATION: Are you hydrated? Do you need to be forced to drink?
- HYGIENE: Do you need someone to clean you, especially after elimination?
- HAPPINESS: Do you express joy/interest? Respond to the environment? Show signs of boredom / loneliness / anxiety / fear?
- MOBILITY: Can you get up without assistance? Do you have seizures / stumbling?
But still. She got a 40. Which does not seem great to me but is acceptable according to this scale.
I'm glad to have some sort of tool to help me judge things.