Saturday, March 28, 2015

At the Grocery Store

Today Isaac and I met a couple friends for lunch.  They were going grocery shopping at Walmart after lunch and we needed a few things from the store and the restaurant was right by Walmart, so we joined them.

It was interesting.  I guess I do not really eat or shop like "normal" people anymore.  I buy very little junk food, but my friends had to go down the chip aisle, the cookie aisle, the soda aisle, the ice cream aisle, etc.  The "junk food" I eat is usually something like homemade lemon zucchini bread.  They also had to buy stuff like toilet paper, which I have not bought in about two years (I do not use any disposable paper products in my  home).

It was also exhausting.  I can't remember the last time I went to Walmart or any big box store on a Saturday afternoon.  Too crowded.  And since Isaac and I do not normally shop there, and apparently service dogs are a rarity there, we got far more attention than I like.  One little kid almost fell out of the child seat in the cart, trying to bend over to see around his mother to look at me and Isaac.  We had people petting without asking, people asking me questions like "does he bite?" and people standing in the middle of the aisle to just stare at us.  I will not be shopping there again any time soon.

I think Isaac got tired, too.  He was standing nicely between my body and the checkout counter while I wanted to pay for my stuff.
Then he lay down for a snooze.  I guess the line was too long and boring.


No comments:

Post a Comment