Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fruits and Veggies? Not Isaac!

Isaac's trainer told me I could give him fresh fruits and veggies as healthy treats and said that most dogs like things like apples and carrots.  I liked that idea a lot, because he gets a lot of treats as rewards for working and while training, and the calories in doggie treats can really add up. 

Unfortunately, Isaac will not eat carrots or apples.  I gave him a piece of each and he mouthed it, then spit it out.  He said it was not food.  He looked at me like he couldn't figure out why I was giving him that inedible stuff.

Isaac eats almost anything.  In addition to dog food and doggie treats, he likes cat food (wet and dry), shredded cheese, fried cheese sticks (from Arby's), turkey, chicken, hotdogs (I think hotdogs are his favorite), pizza, poptarts, potato chips, tortilla chips, crackers, bread, and peanut butter.  I have also seen him eat bugs, cat poop, and assorted disgusting things he finds buried in the old leaves along the side of the road.  All of these, he considers food. 

But apples?  Carrots?  No way, he can't eat that crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment