Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sad News

A couple nights ago, I was petting Cayenne and discovered a lump on her belly.  I suspect her cancer is back.  She's been treated for cancer twice before.  The first time, she had surgery, then chemotherapy.  The second time, she had surgery but no chemo.  That was last summer and you may remember she developed a serious infection after the surgery.  I was afraid she wasn't going to make it.

Right now, she seems to be feeling fine.  She's actually been going outside the last couple days, enjoying the nice weather we are finally having. 

She is due to go to the vet soon anyway to get her blood sugar checked, so I will have the vet look at the lump then.  At this time, I am thinking that I will not want to put her through surgery again.  She was too ill last time following the surgery.  It seems like the cancer will just keep coming back, anyway.  I just want her to be happy and loved for whatever time she has left.


1 comment:

  1. Poor kitty! I'm sorry to hear this. Surgery and testing is so expensive. Not to mention the worry that comes with a pet's health problems. I hope she is OK and the cancer is gone.

    ReplyDelete