Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Say What?

Someone I know with a German shepherd service dog told me this story yesterday.

She was out somewhere with her service dog, and a random stranger approached her and asked, "Is that a service dog?"

She said, "Yes, it is."

"Is that a German shepherd?" asked the stranger.

"Yes, it is."

"Oh, I always wanted one of those!" said the stranger.  "They don't poop, right?"

Umm.... service dogs don't poop?  Or German shepherds don't poop?  I want a service dog that doesn't poop, too!  Mine poops often so I must have gotten a dud.

And anyway, I thought Everybody Poops.  Have you seen that book?

2 comments:

  1. I've seen that book, and with this story I guess I can say I've heard everything with the stupidity of comments people make about service dogs. It would have been fun to run with it a bit and say "Not only does this dog not poop, he also can be invisible at times and can predict the future!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no, there is plenty you haven't heard yet! Check out this link http://www.servicedogcentral.org/content/they-said-what to a compilation of hilarious things people with service dogs have been told.

      Delete