Wednesday, November 13, 2013

When Do Service Dogs Get to Poop?

I get a kick out of some of the search terms through which people find my blog.  Recently, someone found it by searching for "when do service dogs get to poop?"

Isaac frequently poops in the morning and again before bed.  Exercise also makes him poop.  If we go to the dog park and he runs around, he is sure to poop at least once.  He usually poops on his run with the running buddy.  Sometimes he poops at other times.  A couple weeks ago, he woke me up at 3:30 in the morning, because he had to poop.  He does not do that often, though.

When I am out running errands with him, I generally give him the chance to go potty before going into a restaurant or store or other business.  Most of the time, he just pees then.  But he gets the opportunity to poop, if he needs to.  By giving him the opportunity to go potty before going into a business, he usually doesn't need to go while we're in there.  It's not like I spend hours in a store, shopping.  But if we are in a store or restaurant or something and he really needs to go, he lets me know.  He starts getting restless, then gives me this certain look.  If I ignore him, he will begin to whine softly, and then get louder and louder, until I pay attention.

So.  Service dogs do poop.  And they get plenty of opportunities to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment