Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Bought an Exercise Ball

Today I went to Walmart to buy a stress ball for the kid I am tutoring.  The stress balls were in the fitness equipment section and happened to be right beside the exercise balls.  I had been considering getting an exercise ball, not because I'm going to exercise on it (might as well admit that up front), but because sitting on one is supposed to help strengthen your core muscles.  I thought it would be worth a try to see if it helps my lower back pain any.

Well, they were on sale, marked down from $18 to just $8.  So I decided to buy one.  Hopefully Isaac doesn't think it's a toy for him and pounce on it as soon as I inflate it.  I plan to store it in the closet when I'm not using it because even though it's supposed to be burst-resistant, I'm sure Isaac could manage to burst it.  He bursts basketballs, for goodness sake.

I read an article online that said sitting on a ball while watching television or reading or something like that burns an extra 30 calories an hour, as compared to doing those things sitting on the couch.  So that would be cool, too.  Not than I'm going to spend many hours on it in one day, but still.

I may take it to tutoring with me one day, too, so TK can try it and see if he thinks it helps him focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment