Thursday, December 11, 2014

So Apparently I am Full of Crap

Stop laughing.  And stop asking what else is new.

And if you don't want to read something that is most likely TMI about my bowels, click the X in the upper right corner now.

But yes, this is the official diagnosis of the cause of my abdominal pain.

The medical assistant from my doctor's office called me yesterday.  Told me the x-ray I had a few days ago was all normal except that it showed "a very large amount of stool in my colon."  Told me that constipation is the cause of all my gastrointestinal symptoms.

Now, I would have thought that the fact that I poop on a regular basis, pretty much every day, would indicate that I am not constipated.  But apparently I would have been mistaken.  Apparently I am not pooping enough.

The MA told me to go buy some over-the-counter Miralax and take it once a day.  I told her the doctor she works for prescribes Miralax for me and I already take it once a day, have been doing so for a couple of years now.  I really hate it when medical folks don't even bother to look at your chart before telling you stuff. 

So she told me to take it twice a day for "a little while."  I asked her how long a little while was.  She didn't know, put me on hold to go ask.  Came back and said for two weeks.

Honestly, I am not convinced that is the cause of my problem.  But I will take the Miralax twice a day for two weeks and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment