Friday, May 8, 2015

Does She Have a Seeing Eye Dog?

Today a friend was giving me a ride somewhere (since I don't get my van until tomorrow morning and my car is dead) and he wanted to stop at a fast food place to get some dinner. I hadn't expected to be going into any businesses, so I hadn't brought Isaac's vest with me.

Service dogs do not have to have a vest on but I feel much better with the vest. That way people don't think I am taking my pet dog into a restaurant.

Anyway, we were waiting in line and when we got up to the registered, the employee asked my friend "Does she have a Seeing Eye dog?" I guess she thought if I was blind, that meant I couldn't hear, too, so she should ask my friend instead of asking me directly.

This is the first time that has happened to me. Not the "Seeing Eye dog" comment but someone talking to my companion about me instead of talking to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment