Friday, May 8, 2015

Lots Going On

There has been lots going on lately and not much time to blog about it, plus my brain just feels fried half the time. 

My old car died yesterday as I was driving to my tutoring session.  Luckily, I was able to get off the interstate and into a parking lot before it blew up (well, OK, it didn't really blow up, but it did overheat, big time) and luckily, that parking lot was right next to a Starbucks, so I could sit in the air conditioning and have a skinny vanilla latte and an oatmeal cookie while I waited for a friend to come rescue me.  I didn't really feel like tutoring anyone yesterday.

As you might imagine, this was still pretty stressful, even if I did get a trip to Starbucks out of it.  I really think I have been coping with stress well lately, especially for me.  I had a brief moment of panic, but by the time my friend arrived to help me and give me a ride home, I had pretty much figured things out.  I was planning on selling my old car anyway, and not expecting to get much for it because wonky transmission and leaving me stranded by Starbucks and all, so I decided to junk it.  By the time my friend arrived, I had already located a junk yard that would buy it and come tow it away.  Because I had no intention of paying for a tow truck or putting a penny into it.  It did take 25 mg of Vistaril and a cookie and a latte to calm myself down, but that's still a pretty easy fix, for me.

The timing was not bad, though it would have been nice if the old car had lived another couple days, because I am buying a new-to-me-but-gently-used van tomorrow!  I cannot wait.  A van might sound like an odd choice but I have a plan.  I'll tell you later, but there is a reason it's a van. 

It's a 2004 minivan, to be more precise, but only has about 100,000 miles and my mechanic (Bob at B and B Auto in Mansfield, OH, who has kept my old car on the road up 'til now) looked at it two days ago and said it was in great shape.  It needs new rear tires and a couple minor things but is still in very good condition and I am thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment