Monday, November 2, 2015

Managing My Meds.

I am currently on a ton of meds.  I've been on a lot for a long time, if you count all my vitamins, which I am counting.  I take a lot of vitamins because I had gastric bypass surgery about six years ago and that affects your ability to absorb vitamins and minerals.  So if you count those, I am on a ton of meds.

Here are all my meds for one day, Mondays to be exact.  There are a few vitamins I only take a few times a week, like vitamin A is only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  But vitamin D3 is only on Saturdays and Sundays and zinc is only on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so it works out to about the same number of pills.
This is not counting any PRN meds, like meds for anxiety or migraines.

I used to take my meds in three separate doses, the first at breakfast, the second either at lunch or dinner, and the third at bedtime.  Between the new med for vertigo, which has to be taken every eight hours, and the antibiotic for my UTI (which fortunately I only have to take for one week), I had to change my medication routine.  I now take meds five times a day, on a pretty tight schedule.  I have the alarm on my cell phone set to make sure I don't forget when to take them.

Just one of the things many people with chronic illnesses deal with on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment