Thursday, December 31, 2015

A Chance to Help

A woman I know from an online forum for people interesting in service dogs has a 19-year-old cat named Hobbes.  The cat's owner is disabled and currently lives with a relative who is kicking both owner and cat out of the house soon.  The owner is probably going into a nursing home, which is kind of sad considering she is only 51 years old.  But the relative has been verbally and emotionally abusive for quite a while and it's not a good living situation and the cat's owner needs much more assistance than the relative is able or willing to provide, so...

There's not anything I can do about that.  I believe in helping where I can, and I do help when I can, but I can't fix everything.  None of us can.

But I can help Hobbes.

Her owner has been working frantically to find Hobbes a good home.  Hobbes is 19 years old and while she is healthy, she is a senior kitty and it is hard to find homes for senior kitties.  Her owner is heartbroken over having to rehome Hobbes and I can empathize, because I would have felt the same way about Cayenne.  She wants to make sure her kitty is OK.

Hobbes is probably going to either Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Utah (are you familiar with them?  It is such a awesome place) or The Cat House in Nebraska.  Hopefully we will know for sure in a few days.

My job?  To transport Hobbes from her current home in Florida to her new home.  Because that it what I can do.
If you'd like to help, you can donate to cover the transportation costs.  Thank you for whatever you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment