Tuesday, December 15, 2015

I Wish I Had a Picture

When I saw the audiologist about my dizziness, I had a hearing test.  I was informed my hearing is excellent, no hearing loss at all in either ear.  I didn't realize I was worried about my hearing until I got that news and discovered I was re. lieved.

If you've never had a hearing test (this was my first), it is usually done with the patient in a little booth, about the size of a phone booth (remember those?), which is soundproof.  The audiologist sits right outside the booth and there is a window so you can see out and you wear headphones and can hear the audiologist and she can hear you.  Without the window, it would have felt claustrophobic to me but since there was the window, it felt OK.

I planned to have Isaac in a down stay in the exam room near the audiologist while I was in the soundproof booth.  When I sat down in the booth, however, Isaac got up and walked over to the door of the booth and looked in at me.  He looked worried.  I told him it was OK and to go lie down. 

Instead, he came into the booth with me.  I don't know why he didn't want me in the booth without him.  He does not have separation anxiety.  Once recently he was happy to have my acupuncturist take him outside to go potty (because he waited until she was almost done putting needles in me to announce that he had to poop right away and she generously offered to take him out).  He was also happy to lie in the hallway outside the little x-ray room at the dentist office recently.  The door was open but he was not in the room and couldn't easily see me.  He was fine with that.

So I don't know what it was about the booth for the hearing test that worried him.  But he looked worried.

The audiologist said it would be all right for him to be in the booth with me so I had him lie down at my feet.  It was crowded.  He didn't care and neither did I.

I wish I had a picture of him in that booth with me, though.

And, even with a snoring dog in the booth, my hearing still tested excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment