However, I like taking time to look forward to the coming year. It's good to have things to look forward to, I think.
In no particular order, things I'm looking forward to in 2016 include:
- Camping with Isaac. We are planning to camp with a friend and her lab in Delaware, where Isaac will see the ocean for the first time and play on the beach with her lab. I always want to visit Mammoth Cave in Kentucky, which I had hoped to do in 2015 but it just never happened. Isaac and I will probably camp in Wayne National Forest again, since we had such a nice time there last fall. And maybe somewhere else, I don't know.
- Visiting my friend Susan in New Jersey. I hope to head up there and visit her after camping in Delaware.
- Doing a lot of canning. I had planned to do that in 2015 but it didn't happen. I stocked up on canning jars but ended up doing very little canning. But hopefully in 2016.
- Doing some winter hiking. If we ever have winter here. As I write this a few days before the end of the year, it is 50 degrees out and rainy. It has rained so much lately I feel like I live in a swamp. But I have lots of winter hiking gear and Isaac and I are going to hike in the snow, if it ever snows. I want to do some hiking at Cuyahoga Valley National Park this winter, if it ever snows.
- Fixing up my van. There are a ton of things that need to be done to it. The windshield needs replaced because it has a crack in it. The anti-lock brakes need fixed. The passenger side window won't go down. I want to put up curtains I can close to separate the front seat from the back. I plan to build a bed in the back. Well, I don't plan to build it myself, but I plan to get someone to build it for me.
- Training Isaac to hunt for shed deer antlers (we got a kit to train him with for the holidays) and then, hopefully, finding some antlers in the woods.