Thursday, December 31, 2015

Looking Forward

I don't do New Year's resolutions anymore.  People almost never keep them anyway.  I set goals, but I don't do that just once a year.  I do it when it seems important to do it.

However, I like taking time to look forward to the coming year.  It's good to have things to look forward to, I think.

In no particular order, things I'm looking forward to in 2016 include:
  • Camping with Isaac.  We are planning to camp with a friend and her lab in Delaware, where Isaac will see the ocean for the first time and play on the beach with her lab.  I always want to visit Mammoth Cave in Kentucky, which I had hoped to do in 2015 but it just never happened.  Isaac and I will probably camp in Wayne National Forest again, since we had such a nice time there last fall.  And maybe somewhere else, I don't know.
  • Visiting my friend Susan in New Jersey.  I hope to head up there and visit her after camping in Delaware.
  • Doing a lot of canning.  I had planned to do that in 2015 but it didn't happen.  I stocked up on canning jars but ended up doing very little canning.  But hopefully in 2016.
  • Doing some winter hiking.  If we ever have winter here.  As I write this a few days before the end of the year, it is 50 degrees out and rainy.  It has rained so much lately I feel like I live in a swamp.  But I have lots of winter hiking gear and Isaac and I are going to hike in the snow, if it ever snows.  I want to do some hiking at Cuyahoga Valley National Park this winter, if it ever snows.
  • Fixing up my van.  There are a ton of things that need to be done to it.  The windshield needs replaced because it has a crack in it.  The anti-lock brakes need fixed.  The passenger side window won't go down.  I want to put up curtains I can close to separate the front seat from the back.  I plan to build a bed in the back.  Well, I don't plan to build it myself, but I plan to get someone to build it for me. 
  • Training Isaac to hunt for shed deer antlers (we got a kit to train him with for the holidays) and then, hopefully, finding some antlers in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment