Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I Hate Seeing Him in Pain

I think Isaac's ankle is causing me more distress than it is causing him.

Sometimes he only limps slightly, other times it is more noticeable.  He is still happy, friendly, enthusiastic, loving.  When I get ready to take him out, he stands by the door, tail wagging, eyes bright, waiting for me to put on his leash.  Then we start to walk down the hall and I see him limping.  I feel terrible for him. 

I wish I could make his pain go away.  I would rather my foot hurt than his.  I could much more easily cope with my own pain than with his. 

I feel like he is such a good doggie.  He deserves only good things.  He should not be in pain.

He is not complaining.  He is being friendly and cheerful and sweet.  I expect in a day or two he will be bored, and especially as his foot begins to feel better but he still doesn't get to go for a run or even a good walk, he may get a bit cranky.  It would be understandable.  But for now, he is just being so loveable and sweet.  I'm so sorry I can't make it stop hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment