Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sleeping Arrangements

I had hoped that my service dog would sleep with me at night but Isaac does not.  Well, he does every great once in a while.  But not often.  He is super snuggly during the day but I thought he just liked a lot of room at night when he was sleeping.

I have had an overnight guest here a couple times lately, though, and I have found that Isaac is happy to sleep in bed with my guest.  He just doesn't like to sleep with me.

My feelings are not hurt by that.  I am thinking I must still be really restless in my sleep.  I know I used to be but I had thought that had gotten better.  Like, I used to wake up screaming often but I very rarely do that now.  But I also know sometimes Mike would tell me I was screaming in my sleep but I didn't wake up doing it and I would never have known if he hadn't told me the next morning.  I also know sometimes I would wake up hitting or kicking him.  And I used to wake up kicking the cats off the bed sometimes.  For a long time Cayenne refused to sleep with me because I'd kicked her off the bed too many times.  I had assumed I didn't do that so much anymore, but I usually sleep alone these days, so maybe I do and just don't know it because there is no one to tell me about it in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment