Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Relaxing in the Shade

I bought a ten-foot cable from Petco that I can use to tether Isaac to the picnic table beside my apartment building.  Then I can sit at the picnic table and work on my laptop, or read, or talk on the phone, or whatever, and Isaac can roam around a little or lie down and relax in the sun or the shade, and I don't have to worry about him catching sight of a deer in the empty lot next door and taking off after it.  Strong as he is, he cannot run off dragging the picnic table behind him.  I'd been considering getting a cable like this for a while but decided to go ahead and do it since Isaac has not been able to go for walks or to the dog park because of his sprained ankle.   I have a picture, but for some reason I'm having trouble posting it.  Maybe later.

Isaac has a hole under the picnic table that he's been working on a little at a time.  He really enjoys digging.  I probably shouldn't let him dig there, but no one ever sits at this table but me and Isaac, and he has so much fun digging.

He also thinks I am brilliant because when he gets his cable all tangled up around the legs of the picnic table, I know how to untangle it.  Like, he goes under one of the benches, and then goes around the table leg and back under the bench, and soon he can barely move because his cable is so tangled up.  But I can point under the bench, and he goes under, and I can point for him to go around the table  leg, and he does it, and soon his is all untangled again.  He thinks it's like magic and I must be absolutely brilliant to know how to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment