Here are the highlights at present:
- My back hurts. A lot. I think it's a combination of stress and not having as much assistance from Isaac as I usually get, due to his sprained ankle. Maybe also not getting as much exercise as I normally do; I typically walk at least an hour a day with Isaac, sometimes more, but haven't been walking lately since Isaac can't go for walks.
- Isaac has been unable to work for nine days now, due to his sprained ankle. In addition to not having his help with things, I've been worried about him. He has not been limping for the last three days, though, at all. He goes back to the vet Friday and I am hoping he will be able to return to his normal activities after that.
- This may be TMI, but then, I've shared plenty of stuff here that probably is too much information for some people. I seem to have some sort of infection. I thought it was a yeast infection but saw my primary care doctor and got treatment for that, which hasn't helped. I did some research online (you know how doctors love it when patients diagnose themselves with assistance from Google, right?) and now I think it is probably a bacterial infection instead, since the treatment for a yeast infection didn't help. Apparently bacterial infections of the vagina are pretty common in women; it's called bacterial vaginosis. But I need to go back to the doctor for that. Besides being mildly uncomfortable, having discomfort in that area can be pretty triggering with my PTSD.
- My mouth hurts. I am wondering if maybe I am getting some sort of infection under my damaged crown or where the broken root is. I am having more pain today than I did for the past few days, plus the gum seems pretty swollen in that area. Also, the lymph gland on the left side of my neck is a bit sore and swollen (the broken tooth is on the left side of my mouth, if that means anything). I don't have a fever, though. I guess I will call my dentist in the morning and ask what he thinks. Besides the discomfort, the pain in my mouth is triggering my PTSD stuff, too, plus I'm really anxious about the upcoming dental procedures.
- And, to top it all off, Cayenne seems to be feeling poorly today. She seemed fine this morning, but spent most of the afternoon sleeping under the couch, which is not normal for her. She came out when I was ready to feed her dinner, but she did not want to eat initially. Throughout the evening, I've been able to coax her to eat a little; she had a bit of shredded cheese, some tiny pieces of hot dog, and some of her canned cat food, though not as much as she normally would eat. She's sleeping now and doesn't seem to be uncomfortable, but I'm worried about her. I expect I won't get much sleep tonight; I'll be getting up frequently to check on her.