It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...
Well, not really. 2014 was neither the best nor the worst year of my life. I've had much better, but I've also lived through much worse.
The Best Things in 2014
1. Having a really good, solid relationship with Isaac.
2. Making new friends and reconnecting with old friends.
3. Getting a better handle on my rather precarious finances.
4. Getting a better handle on managing my pain, especially in the second half of the year.
5. Spending a lot of time hiking with Isaac.
6. Canning some local organic produce over the summer.
7. Getting a great tutoring job.
8. Volunteering at a nursing home with Isaac.
9. Getting to do a little traveling.
10. Reconnecting with my spirituality.
The Worst Things in 2014
1. Losing Cayenne.
2. Being diagnosed with fibromyalgia and struggling with severe pain, especially in the first part of the year.
3. Weird dental/gum problems.
4. Losing a really nice writing gig (the company simply doesn't exist anymore).
5. Dealing with some serious fatigue and low energy.
6. Dealing with some access disputes and related accessibility issues (and this is on the top of my list of things to deal with in the new year, so get ready to hear lots about it!).
7. Dealing with a lot of ridiculous pain-in-the-butt issues related to my benefits.
8. Not being able to do things I really wanted to do due to my health/disability.
And how neat is it that I could only think of eight things to put on the "worst" list, not 10?