Sunday, October 13, 2013

Cayenne's Tumors

Cayenne has two tumors on her belly.  Which are almost certainly cancerous, since she's had cancer on her belly twice before.  The tumors are currently about the size of large grapes.  They feel very hard to the touch.  I previously noticed they were sort of scaly and scabby.

Tonight Cayenne was lying on her back and I was gently petting her soft little belly.  I noticed it looks like one of the tumors has been oozing.  It looked sort of like a sore, like maybe it had bled a bit and had oozed a little pus.  Some of her fur was stuck to it.

I'm going to try to trim the fur around the tumors, so the hair can't get stuck in any sores.  I'm going to put some neosporin ointment on them, so hopefully they don't get infected.

I just felt really, really bad for her, looking at that tumor that looked so sore.  She doesn't act like they are sore.  She doesn't lick them a lot or seem to mind if I touch them as long as I am gentle.  But they look sore.  And I just hurt for her.  I don't want her to be sick.  I don't want her to be in pain.  It was like when Isaac had a sprained ankle and it hurt me to watch him limp.  I'd rather be in pain myself than see Cayenne in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment