Saturday, October 12, 2013

Upcoming Halloween Party

My apartment complex is having a Halloween party and people are invited to wear costumes.  There will be prizes for the best costumes.  I have decided I will go and Isaac and I will dress up.

I had a hard time deciding what we would dress up as.  I don't want to spend a lot of money on a costume and I don't want to spend a lot of time and energy making costumes, either.  You can buy Halloween costumes for dogs but I really prefer to make something.

I have decided I will be a farmer and Isaac will be a cow.

For my costume, I will wear blue jeans, a flannel shirt (which I will get from the thrift store for a dollar or two), and hopefully a straw hat (if I can find one at the thrift store).

For Isaac's costume, I plan to cover one of his service dog vests with black and white fabric (that looks like a black and white cow, you know).  I am going to try to make a little pink udder that can be attached to the strap on his vest that goes under his belly.  If I can find or make one, I am going to put a cow bell on his collar.

I'll post a pic when I get his costume made.  Hopefully it looks cute.

1 comment:

  1. The idea you have for your costumes is adorable! I can't wait to see pictures! Very clever and unique. I'm glad your apartment is having a party and you have decided to not only go but wear costumes. I hope you win the prize!

    ReplyDelete