Monday, April 27, 2015

The Cat at the Grocery Store

This happened a couple weeks ago but I am just now getting around to writing about it.

Isaac and I were on our way into a grocery store.  Just as we walked through the front door, Isaac stopped.  He was looking at something outside.  I stopped and looked to see what he was looking at.

It was a cat.  On the sidewalk in front of the store, half-hidden behind some potted plants for sale.  She was all puffed up to make herself look big and fierce, staring at the big doggie that was staring back at her.

I have said before that I was not sure what Isaac would do if he saw a small furry creature or a deer in a store.  Outside, when he's not working, he wants to chase them.

I was quite relieved, and also very proud of Isaac, that he resisted the urge to bolt after the cat.

He was really interested in watching it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment