Monday, April 6, 2015

Well Yeah, Dogs Slobber

I posted on Facebook about Isaac accidentally picking up two juice boxes and then dropping one and not know what to do.  And an acquaintance replied, "And now you have a slobbery juice box?"

I'm not sure how she mean it.  It seemed to me like she found the thought distasteful.  But you know, dogs slobber.  Mine does, anyway.  I think most do.  Big dogs often slobber a lot. There is not a way that I've found to train them not to!

I am used to slobber by now. Isaac gets my laundry out of the dryer for me and sometimes leaves it a bit slobbery. He picks up all sorts of things I drop and sometimes they are quite slobbery.

If he picks up something in the store for me, I buy it even if I wasn't planning to, since it might be slobbery. Like once I was picking out thread and dropped a spool and he picked it up for me right way and it ended up not being the color I was looking for but I bought it anyway. Because while I am used to dog slobber and accept it as coming with the help he gives me, not everyone wants slobbered-on thread.

But if I am in pain and need to take a pain pill and can't get up to get a drink, I will be so happy to have Isaac here to bring me a juice box, I will not mind one bit that it is slobbery. Try taking a Vicodin without anything to drink and you'll see what I mean. Especially if your mouth is always really dry because dry mouth is a side effect of your other meds. If you're in enough pain and you cannot get up to get a drink, you'll choke that Vicodin down. You'll chew it up and get it in that way if you have to. But you won't like it. And it's not like you'll be able to get up and go to the kitchen and get something to drink right afterward. You'll have to lie there on the couch or in the bed and wait 30 minutes for it to kick in with that taste in your mouth. Do that one time and I guarantee you will not mind a river of dog slobber as long as you get a juice box.

No comments:

Post a Comment