Friday, August 16, 2013

A Day at the Beach

Today Isaac and I spent the afternoon at a state park with our friend Julie.  This park has a lake with a doggie beach, but I did not like it was much as the doggie beach at the park that is closer to our home.  Isaac enjoyed chasing geese on this beach, but I was a bit concerned because the dog beach was not fenced as securely as the dog beach we usually go to.

At the dog beach we usually go to, the fence extends way out into the water so that dogs can't swim around it and get out of the fenced area.  At this dog beach, though, the fence only went out a short way and of course Isaac ended up swimming around it.  Then he was running loose on the part of the beach that is supposed to be off limits to pets.

There was a fence between me and Isaac, and the gate was way off in the other direction.  Since I am not in any shape to be climbing a fence, I had to walk up a big hill to get to the gate, walking in the opposite direction from where my dog was.  I couldn't keep an eye on him and walk to the gate.  By the time Julie and I got out of the fenced in area, Isaac could have been long gone.  Fortunately he did not go far and quickly came toward me when I called him.  But it seems really unsafe to me to have a dog park where the dogs can easily get out of the fenced in area.  He could have easily run into the parking lot and been hit by a car or something.

So we won't be going to this doggie beach anymore, but it was still fun.  Isaac had to get a bath as soon as we got home, which he did not like.  After his bath, he beheaded his stuffed hippo.  Now he is conked out on the floor, sound asleep.  I am exhausted, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment