Monday, August 12, 2013

There's the Pretty Kitty!

Cayenne has decided it's safe to come out as long as the big bad doggie is out with the dog walker, or locked in another room, or sleeping.   

She also migrated from under the bed to the living room, where she hides under or behind the couch, while Isaac and I were out taking a walk yesterday.  There is this little nook beside the couch and the ledge in front of my living room window, where Isaac cannot get to her, but there is room back there for a dish of water and nice soft towel to sleep on.  She comes out into the living room to eat, as long as I put Isaac in the bedroom so he cannot bother her.  Apparently just looking at her counts as bothering her, in her mind.

This morning while Isaac was sleeping on the living room floor, Cayenne got up on the couch and crawled into my lap to be petted.  Unfortunately, I said, "Hi, pretty kitty girl," to her, and Isaac heard me and sat up to see who I was talking to.  He probably thought, or was hoping, I was talking to him.  Well, when he looked at Cayenne, she got mad and went back behind the couch.  It reminds me of little kids.  "Mooommmm, he's looking at me!"

She seems to be settling in all right, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment