Saturday, August 3, 2013

Fundraising Update

I wrote recently about a fundraising opportunity.  A local pastor came to visit me (and Isaac) and said her church is interested in doing some sort of fundraiser for Isaac.  Then I forgot to post about the visit.

She seemed very nice and we had a good visit.  She told me she is really a cat person, which I understand, because I was very much a cat person before getting Isaac.  She tolerated Isaac climbing onto her lap and kissing her, but then I made him get down because I got the feeling she would rather have a cat on her lap than a 75 pound lab.  Imagine that.  Isaac still believes he is a lap dog.

She said some of the people that would be involved in the fundraiser were on vacation at the time, so she would need to talk with them and get back to me later.  But it sounds like they are going to help.

She also asked if I would come to church one day and talk to the kids about service dogs.  I said I'd be happy to do that.  It will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment