Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I Feel Guilty

I always end up feeling guilty when I'm sick.  I feel guilty about things I'm not able to get done due to being ill.  Right now, I feel guilty about Isaac.  I've been sick since Sunday morning.  That means I've only been able to take him on very short walks since then, mostly just around the parking lot outside my building.  Yesterday the dog walker came and took him for an hour-long run, but he was not able to come today.  He will be here again tomorrow.  But two hours of exercise in four days is not enough for Isaac.  He is used to having at least one long walk a day, usually two or three.  And a lot of the time he's been cooped up in the house, I haven't been paying any attention to him.  I've been sleeping.

He's been sleeping a lot, too.  He is snoozing on my foot right now.  I gave him some new pig skin chews and a new bone, to entertain him.  I've given him a Kong stuffed with pieces of hot dog.  He got the new baby doll from his friend K today.  But he wants to play.  He at least wants a good walk.  Not only have I been taking him for super short walks, but I can only walk very, very slowly.  He's bored.  He needs to move.  But it's all I can do to stand up and walk out front long enough for him to pee.

I feel guilty.  I should be taking better care of him.  It's not his fault I'm sick.  Whether I feel sick or not, I need to take care of him.  And I just can't do anymore right now.  But I feel very guilty about it.

2 comments:

  1. If you have K's number call her mom and explain you are sick and that Isaac needs to expend some energy. Would she mind if K came over and played with Isaac. Throwing his toys and making him chase them should help to expend some of his energy and if it's done inside you don't have to worry about her losing control of the leash.

    I know it really sux being sick with a pet. Like being sick with a child. Trust Isaac's insticts tho. He wants to play but he does know you are sick. He understands that when you feel better things will go back to normal.

    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have her number, but that's a fantastic idea and I will use it in the future!

      Delete