Friday, August 30, 2013

Do You Sing to Your Pets?

I do.  I have a terrible singing voice.  I cannot carry a tune in a bucket.  But luckily Cayenne and Isaac do not mind.

I'm probably going to make myself sound really silly here, but they each have their own songs.

Cayenne's song is sung to the tune of Cecilia, by Simon and Garfunkel.  It goes:

Oh, Cayenne-a,
You're breaking my heart.
You're stinking the house up, baby.
Oh, Cayenne-a,
I'm down on my knees.
I'm begging you please
Use your box, use your box.

Alas, it does not inspire her to use the litter box.

Isaac's song is sung to the tune of Clementine.  It goes:

Oh my doggie, oh my doggie,
Oh my doggie, doggie boy.
He's my doggie, he's my doggie,
he's my doggie, doggie boy.


Isaac probably thinks his name is Doggie Boy.


So what do you sing to your pets?

4 comments:

  1. I had a dog I had to rehome due to our moving into an apartment. I sang to her. "Daisy, baby; Whatcha gonna do?; Daisy, baby; Momma sure loves you!!!"

    She'd come running every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry you had to rehome her. It's funny how they recognize their songs, isn't it? Isaac just gazes at me adoringly when I sing him the Doggie Boy song.

      Delete
    2. I actually had to rehome both my dogs as we are losing our family home. A local chemical plant just decided to build a new plant locally and so the local apartment complexes are full. The one and only hud complex is no longer accepting hud and changing over to a tax type system. So thats another 144 people looking for places to rent.

      We managed to find one apartment, on the ground floor like I need for mobility issues. They will only take pets 20 lbs and under, so we had to rehome our dogs but at least we get to keep our cat. Raven is our 8 year old cat. I don't think she will like moving as she has never lived anywhere else. The plus is that she likes car rides and wasn't afraid while at the vets. So we will see how that goes.

      Trying to think up a song for raven tho. I'm sure she will just ignore me if I sing her one anyway...lol.

      Delete
  2. My friend used to have a trutle named tiffany when she was a kid. Her mom would sing, to the tune of bumblebee tuna,
    I love Tiffany, Tiffany Turtle!
    I love Tiffany, Tiffany the turtle!
    My friend felt very cheated when she found out that mo hadn't made up the tune herself.

    ReplyDelete