Friday, May 2, 2014

Counting Blessings

Today, just out of curiosity, I decided to count the number of tasks Isaac did to assist me. It's been a pretty low-key day today and hopefully I will be going to sleep soon, but so far I'm up to 32. That's 32 times Isaac did something for me that would have been difficult or impossible for me to do myself.

That's not a huge number, but it's not a tiny number, either.  And it did make a big difference in how my day went. 

I was able to do a load of laundry in the morning, before going to a medical appointment in the afternoon.  Without Isaac to help me with the laundry, I wouldn't have been able to do that on a day I had to go somewhere.  I would have been too exhausted, in too much pain.

In the evening, when I started feeling anxious, Isaac brought me my medication.  If he hadn't been here to do that, I probably wouldn't be writing this post right now.  I'd be too busy being anxious and upset instead.

32 little things that added up to a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment