Monday, May 19, 2014

Pacing Myself and Coping with Fatigue



I ended up passing on Drag Queen Bingo.  As much fun as it sounded, and it really did sound fun, I was tired.  I was physically tired and also mentally tired, and I just thought it would be better for me to go back to my hotel and rest.  I’m really trying to pace myself.  With the lack of sleep Friday night and the pain in my hips during the night, I decided I better not push myself too far Saturday.

I guess I made the right choice.  I was asleep by 9:00 pm Saturday night.  Of course, then I woke up about 1:30 am and couldn’t go back to sleep.  Isaac and I ended up checking out of the hotel in the middle of the night and driving home.  I really wanted to be home.

We got home just as dawn was breaking and Isaac seemed glad to be back, too.  He also seemed tired.  We both snoozed most of the day Sunday.  

Cayenne seemed glad to see me and not so glad to see Isaac.  He was delighted to see her, though.  I noticed she has now pulled out about half of her staples.  Apparently that’s what she spent most of her time doing while Isaac and I were away – pulling out staples.  Bad kitty.

I am trying hard not to feel frustrated at my fatigue and lack of stamina.  Everyone else had enough energy to go to Drag Queen Bingo.  And it really did sound like fun and I wanted to go but I just didn’t have the energy.  I’m trying not to feel too sad about that.  I had a nice trip, I had fun, I got to spend time with friends, Isaac enjoyed himself and behaved beautifully.  I want to feel good about it, not sad.  But I wanted to do more, I wanted to have more fun.

And I am frustrated at feeling so tired still.  I slept nearly all day yesterday!  I should have more energy by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment