Saturday, May 24, 2014

Depending on My Dog

I know I've written before about how, for quite a while after I got Isaac, my first instinct when I dropped something on the floor was to pick it up myself.  I had to remember that I had Isaac to help me with that now.  Over time, I've become accustomed to him helping me retrieve things.

Something interesting happened last week when I took Cayenne to the vet.  Isaac did not go with us, although he would have loved to, mostly because Cayenne is still not so fond of him and I did not want to stress her any more than she would already be.

Well, in the exam room, I was getting her out of her carrier.  Getting her out of the carrier at the vet's office is no easy feat. She does not want to come out.  When I pried her out, the little fleece blankie I'd put in the carrier fell to the floor.

And I found myself pointing at it and starting to say, "Get it."

Then I realized there was no one there to get it for me and I'd have to get it myself.

But my first instinct was no longer to get it myself.  It was to ask Isaac to do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment